OstomyPockets Ostomy Bag Support Product Information
The OstomyPocket consists of the following 2 pieces:
- The OstomyPocket with the snap studs for inside of your undergarment (Use on lightweight undergarments and fabrics).
- The snap strip for the outside of your undergarment with the snap caps. Your undergarment will go between the snap studs and the snap strip.
No Sewing Required. The picture below shows the 2 pieces. White pocket with white snaps.
Made in the USA.
Please continue reading for installation tips. (More pictures and special notes at the end of this page).
Please note custom sizing is available.
(The pictures below are for demonstration purposes only and the OstomyPocket locations may vary by individual and undergarment).
- While wearing your undergarment and ostomy pouch/bag, determine where on the garment to attach the OstomyPocket by placing the OstomyPocket between the undergarment and the ostomy pouch/bag making sure the bottom of the ostomy pouch/bag is within 1/2 inch of the bottom of the OstomyPocket.The inside view below shows where the OstomyPocket might attach on the inside of underwear.
- Identify or remember the position where the top of the OstomyPocket will be attached to the inside of the undergarment. It should be attached below the stoma depending on the stoma location and undergarment style. We recommend that the ostomy pouch/bag be approximately 1/2 inch from the bottom of the OstomyPocket.
- Remove your undergarment and line up the OstomyPocket inside the undergarment (without the strip containing the snap caps) to the identified top spot.
- Take the strip with the snap caps and attach it through the undergarment to the snap studs on the OstomyPocket on inside as shown in the example pictures below (the 2nd picture is with the underwear turned inside-out). When attaching the product, make sure you apply the strip snaps by pressing around the outside edges of the strip snaps until locked on. You may not hear a snap but it will attach.
- Put undergarment back on and place your ostomy pouch/bag into the OstomyPocket. The bottom of the ostomy pouch/bag should be within 1/2 inch of the bottom of the OstomyPocket. This again depends on stoma location and undergarment style. See picture below.
Please continue to scroll down to see the Notes following these pictures.
Women’s underwear views
- You can attach the OstomyPocket while wearing your undergarment, but it may be easier with the above mentioned method.
- When you empty the ostomy pouch/bag, because the OstomyPocket is attached to your undergarment, there is no need to remove it.
- Remove the strip and OstomyPocket to wash and dry to reuse as needed. If you prefer or have more than one OstomyPocket, they can remain attached to your undergarment during the washer and dryer cycles.
- These snaps will NOT work on heavy materials like heavy flannel or heavy sweat pants and will not go through seams or waist bands.
- IMPORTANT: when shipped to you, there is a strip of material between the strip band and the Pocket. This should be used when the OstomyPocket is not in use or stored. Plastic snaps have memory and this helps retain their shape.
- Pocket and the Strip are 100% Wicking Polyester
- Made in the USA
- Snaps are Plastic
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Patent # D61831